You don’t have to cram an extra six hours in the day to keep up to speed with the latest happenings in the world on social media marketing. Just cream off the best knowledge from the masses out there in less than an hour with our handy hints…
- Blog it. Sign up to Google Reader and you’ll see a helpful ‘Check out these blogs’ column. Pick the ones that look interesting (to you, that is!) and read the latest posts.
- Beep it. Set up Google Alerts to send you the latest headlines in your sphere of interest
- Tweet it. Do a quick survey among your Twitter followers and ask them to recommend the 5 most interesting people (who aren’t celebrities!). Then follow them. And engage with them. That was quick, wasn’t it?
- Link it. Be honest now…when did you last update your profile? Are you telling potential customers what they need to hear? Get it updated, and then connect it with your email addresses to make the most of your contacts.
- TED it. There are loads of marketing TED talks online. Choose one. Make a cup of tea. Watch one. 20 mins of your life well spent.
- Read it. Amazon’s not just for last minute Christmas panic buying, you know. Read the reviews, browse the virtual shelves, and then get your shopping basket filled. Check out the Marketing and Sales section or just type in keywords to get started.
- Visit it. Conferences and networking events are great places to get inspired, meet like-minded people and keep abreast of the latest development. Oh, and there’s usually a free lunch. And tea and coffee. Did we mention the lunch?
- Learn it. The fun doesn’t stop when you graduate, and learning doesn’t mean heading back to college. With online seminars, web courses and useful learning sites like Hubspot, you don’t need an MBA from Harvard to stay on top of your game.
There you have it. Just as everyone else has finished the latest episode of The Apprentice, you’ve become the next Lord Sugar. Imagine what you can achieve in two hours…